Mark Twain Medical Center Foundation
Your support for the Mark Twain Medical Center Foundation helps assure our hospital can continue to meet its commitment to the health care needs of Calaveras County residents.
Until Mark Twain Hospital opened in 1951 health care services were limited in the county and residents traveled outside their communities for acute care. Keeping pace with health care needs over the next three decades, the hospital added more acute care beds, an ICU/CCU and expanded its Emergency Department to state-of-the-art status. Next came urgent care and rural health clinics in many county communities.
The Foundation was formed in 1984 by tireless volunteers with a vision of providing resources to help the hospital keep pace with evolving technology and trends. Its early efforts focused on raising funds to install the first mammography equipment in the county and embraced the capital campaign to build a new hospital facility. The Foundation proudly contributed $1 million to that building fund and today's 48-bed facility was dedicated in September, 1997. It was the only rural hospital building project in California that year. Since that time, the Foundation has purchased Nuclear
Medicine Technology (2002); acquired a CT Scanner (2007) and Digital Mammography Technology (2009).
The Foundation is now focused on the building campaign for a Family Medical Center in Angels Camp. Groundbreaking is scheduled for Fall/Winter 16/17. This facility which is a relocation/expansion of the hospital's existing Family Medical Center in that community. The 19,000 square foot building will provide expanded space for Primary Care Services and include a Womens Health Center. Join us in our ongoing efforts to advance quality health care in Calaveras County. Contact the Foundation and our staff will be in touch.
For complete details, call the Foundation office at (209)754-2603.
Our office is located on the hospital campus at 768 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas, CA.